Our monitoring programme is based on continuous improvement and is fully inclusive. We work with all producers in our members’ supply chains no matter what their current level of sustainability – from producers new to ETP to those with established policies and standards.
How it works
Every year our members are required to disclose all their sources of tea so we can prioritise our work.
We then work with producers to make sure that they understand the requirements of international standards and what tea buyers require in terms of social and environmental performance.
We help producers to prepare for their external audit in a number of ways:
- Running workshops on international standards and how to carry out a self-assessment against the ETP Global Standard
- Analysing the results of self assessments and identifying the key areas of risk for producers and priorities for improvement
- Providing practical advice and guidance through our Regional Managers about how to make the required improvements
- Providing frameworks to help producers develop their own policies in key areas
- Co-ordinating training on issues that producers commonly struggle with
The auditing process
We use third-party auditors to independently assess producers against the ETP Global Standard.