FOR REACTIVE USE ONLY – NOT FOR ONWARD TRANSMISSION OUTSIDE THE MEMBERSHIP
The documents below outline ETP’s perspective on issues and will help members to formulate responses to questions from the media, or to prepare statements following exposes or articles in the national and international press. Information should only be used to ensure that the opinions of members and that of the ETP are aligned.
The presentation provides up-to-date information about ETP and its projects, programmes and partnerships. ETP Overview (4.78 MB)
ETHICAL TEA PARTNERSHIP QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
We have prepared a question and answer document to provide high level information about ETP and the issues relevant to the tea industry: ETP Q&As (27 July 2012) (231.79 kB)
The following statements show ETP’s position and perspective on issues that commonly feature in exposes or appear in press articles:
- Position statement: Wages (137.36 kB)
- Position statement: Child labour and young workers (149.48 kB)
- Position statement: Reducing discrimination & harassment (147.17 kB)
- Position statement: Estate & worker facilities (154.37 kB)
- Position statement: Agrochemicals (151.17 kB)
- Position statement: Climate change mitigation (148.75 kB)
- Position statement: Soil conservation (152.67 kB)
- Position statement: Temporary workers (148.33 kB)
CASE STUDIES (for public distribution)
The following case studies are in the public domain and provide detailed insight into ETP’s projects, programmes and partnerships that address many of the social and environmental issues affecting the long term sustainability of the tea industry.